Private collection, Washington, DC
Sale, Doyle, New York, New York, December 9, 2020, lot 72, from above
Note: This view faces south along Fifth Avenue, at the intersection of 79th Street. The building depicted is the Harry F. Sinclair House, a mansion designed by C. P. H. Gilbert and Isaac D. Fletcher in 1898, then purchased by Harry F. Sinclair in 1918. After 1930, it was owned by Augustus and Anne Van Horne Stuyvesant, the descendants of Peter Stuyvesant. Since 1955, it has been home to the Ukrainian Institute of America. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1978.