Clifton House, Pennsylvania, 1929

Antonio Pietro Martino (1902 - 1988)
Oil on canvas
36 x 40¼ inches
Signed and dated lower left: A.P. Martino / 1929

Provenance

Sale, Alderfer, Hartfield, Pennsylvania, March 8, 2001, lot 962

Private collection, New Jersey

Sale, Christie’s, New York, New York, March 3, 2005, lot 137, from above

Private collection, New York, New York

Note: The Clifton House is a historic building in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, built in 1801. During the American Revolution, the area was used as an encampment for General Washington’s Continental Army.

Contact Us About This Painting

Interested in Painting